Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Assistant Vendor Manager is responsible for sourcing suitable connectivity quotations and solutions for our customers, and providing them to PCCW Global Presales in a timely manner. The Assistant Vendor Manager negotiates best cost and commercial terms with vendors. S/he keeps current with the market trends to ensure PCCWG received best in market pricing, performance, and products from our vendors. S/he recommends and supports implementation of cost savings, in accordance with the regional strategy.
The Assistant Vendor manager should have the ability to negotiate and execute Terms & Conditions with carriers. S/he is also expected to be knowledgeable in telecom products of IPLC, EoSDH, MPLS VPN and IP.
- Support Presales, Product and Engineering for quoting and sourcing in-region capacity and access requirements.
- Support cost reduction projects such as discounts on renewals, vendor migrations, outage credits, etc.
- Develop and share in region market knowledge
- Engage with vendors on a regular basis to ensure strong business relationships.
- Support the new vendor vetting process, including gathering and submitting required documentation to establish the vendor in the procurement system.
- Provide support in various reporting and project management matters, being attentive to detail and follow-up tasks.
- Engagement with vendors in the Latin America region which requires a good command of written and spoken Spanish and/or Portuguese
- At least 5 years’ experience in direct telecom in data services, networking or Internet Service
Provider and minimum 2 years’ experience in carrier background
- Good command of written and spoken English and Spanish
- Moderate technical knowledge and understanding of process workflow
- Detailed oriented, well organized, with self-initiative and able to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical problem solving, communications and negotiation skills
- Perform tasks outside normal business hours with flexible working schedule if necessary
- At times, based on business needs, in-person meetings with vendors and/or PCCW Global
colleagues will be required, some of these meetings may require travel
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please complete the form below ensuring you upload your resume as a Word document or a PDF file.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.