The Pricing Solutions Manager is responsible to coordinate and manage Evolving Data Connectivity (EDC) end-to-end on-net and off-net solutions cost based on Primary Solution Owner (PSO) design including cost sourcing, compiling and competitiveness analysis up to producing customer-facing offer with primary focus on large qualified strategic high-value direct enterprise RFP bid projects led under Bid Solutions. Scope of engagement and deliverables vary and are agreed on a project per project basis where a simpler non-RFP project from a wholesale customer may only involve cost sourcing for example. Possible forward career path opportunities from Pricing Solutions position include: Bid Manager, Partner Solutions, Presales Engineer and Business Development Manager.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Maintain up-to-date in-depth knowledge of end-to-end cost and pricing structures for key EDC products including MPLS VPN, IP, SD-WAN, MRS, EoSDH, IPLC
- Work hand in hand with PSO to ensure solutions design is complete, accurate and translatable into a format understandable by global internal teams and regional partners
- Compile and structure cost requirements in a presentable format understandable by global internal teams and regional partners
- Work in close collaboration with PCCW Global teams including Vendor Management, Regional Engagement and Technology Engagement to source competitive cost from the most appropriate channels such as new quote requests, Quick Quotes and cost books
- When required and appropriate, engage directly with partners and vendors to source competitive cost
- Conduct ongoing cost competitiveness sanity checks, and bespoke project-specific cost analysis when required
- Compile end-to-end cost in Cost-Pricing Matrix when required up to producing customer-facing offer based on Business Development Manager (BDM) margin application decision
- Collaborate closely with key RFP bid stakeholders including PSO, BDM and Bid Manager to retain a good general grasp of the overall project throughout the engagement cycle
- Prior to engaging in project work, ensure opportunity is qualified via Opportunity Assessment Document (OAD), Mini-OAD or other agreed qualification assessment process
- Perform tasks outside normal business hours with flexible working schedule if necessary
- Travel may be required (based upon business needs)
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned / required to fulfil role
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in direct telecom data services, networking or with an Internet Service Provider
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in carrier background
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end cost and pricing structures for key EDC products including MPLS VPN, IP, SD-WAN, MRS, EoSDH, IPLC
- MS Excel intermediate or higher proficiency
- Moderate technical telecom knowledge
- Understanding of profit margin analysis
- Ability to work across borders and boundaries with cross-cultural and cross-functional teams
- Detail oriented, well organized, with self-initiative and able to work under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent analytical problem solving, communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please complete the form below ensuring you upload your resume as a Word document or a PDF file.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.