April 1, 2020
We are PCCW Global, one of the world's leading and award winning telecommunications groups, serving millions of people in more than 3,000 cities and 150 countries. Our global experience and continuous investment in infrastructure, technology and customer service puts us at the forefront of communications expertise.
We are looking for a 3rd Line Network Support Engineer to join its world class Support Engineering team based in Stafford, UK.
- Maintaining the Optify core and edge networks
- Identifying network bottlenecks and issues, and providing potential resolutions
- Providing 3rd line support to support our customer base
- Responding in a timely manner to network issues
- Providing product support and development for new platforms and services
- Escalation of issues to vendor TAC support
- Home based out of hours cover, as part of the on-call rota
- Ownership of network issues
- Support and development of the Optify network roadmap
- Help the business maintain its customer SLA’s
- Identify new products and technologies to support our growing network
- Support lab testing of new configurations and technologies
- Providing HLD and LLD network documentation for current and future network architecture
- Ensuring the network monitoring systems and platforms are kept up to date
- Deep and substantial operational knowledge and experience with carrier-class routers, switches, and packet-optical platforms, such as Juniper, Mikrotik, Cisco, Ruckus ICX, Zhone, and Nokia-ALU
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols, including TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSPF, MPLS, VPLS, L3VPN, BGP, GPON, QoS and SNMP protocols
- Skills in building Layer 2 & Layer 3 networks in metro, long-haul and campus applications
- Experience of public/private peering and transit management
- Hands on experience of troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing issues
- SD-WAN experience (preferable)
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to influence others with your engineering solutions
- A passion for new technologies
- 2 years + experience in a networking role
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please complete the form below ensuring you upload your resume as a Word document or a PDF file.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.