You will report to Chief Network Officer or others as determined by the needs of the business and be responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of import / export controls and economic sanctions policies and procedures, general regulatory compliance verification and processes, data privacy compliance (e.g. GDPR, etc.), security compliance, business unit and group policy compliance, and other compliance matters across the PCCW Global. As an integral part of PCCW Global, you will work across teams within PCCW Global and PCCW Group to ensure that import / export, data privacy, regulatory and business process compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Develop, maintain, and implementation of the PCCW Global’s import / export controls and economic sanctions, data privacy, regulatory and business process compliance policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and implementation of PCCW Global’s logistics practices and capabilities including warehousing operations and control, asset management and tracking, shipping and handling, freight forwarding, RMA and other return and repair processes, etc.
- Review import / export transactions to ensure compliance with licensing and reporting requirements under US laws (e.g. EAR, OFAC, CBP, etc.) and other applicable jurisdictions including, inter alia, EU, UK and Hong Kong.
- Review data privacy regulations and requirements of various relevant jurisdictions (e.g. GDPR, etc.) and ensure compliance procedures are developed and implemented in the systems, processes and business management as required.
- Work with Technology and IT teams and other systems and software groups to ensure data security and privacy requirements are implemented or enabled in systems and processes as required.
- Provide support to sales and operations teams on tenders and business development to determine applicable licensing and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and file export license applications, data privacy compliance reports, security and business policy etc. as required.
- Perform due diligence and conduct screening on transactions against all applicable restricted party lists.
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training on import/export, data privacy, and other regulatory or policy compliance requirements. Work with all levels of the PCCW Global to ensure the understanding on import / export, data privacy, security and policy compliance requirements and risks effectively communicated.
- Identify potential areas of export / import, data privacy, security, and other regulatory compliance risk within the business unit; provide periodic reports to the CNO regarding trade compliance concerns.
- Work with internal and external customers / vendors, OEM’s, freight forwarders / customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to support compliance.
- Research and classify products and services to determine controlled commodities. Assess, assign and/or submit classification requests to relevant government agencies as required.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other specialty teams in the Group Risk Management & Compliance team, on topics pertaining to different risk disciplines.
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international trade, or other relevant discipline(s) required.
- At least 5 years of experience in trade compliance with experience in export controls.
- US Customs Broker License, Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO) or similar accreditation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US export control laws, particularly the EAR (especially category 5), OFAC sanctions regulations and FTR.
- Experience with encryption controls and ENC License Exception.
- Experience with other EAR license exceptions preferred.
- Working knowledge of EU, UK, Hong Kong regulations on dual-use goods preferred.
- Working knowledge of GDPR and other data privacy regulations in various jurisdictions including EU, UK, HK, China, US, etc.
- Working knowledge of data security principles and implementations and understanding of the security spectrum required to ensure security roles and practices are implemented to enable data security as it relates to data privacy and security in general.
- Working knowledge and understanding of best practices in various business processes, including internal auditing, process review, policy and procedure writing, etc.
- Experience with performing due diligence on transactions and counterparties from a trade compliance standpoint.
- Experience with party screening tools such as Dow Jones Risk Center.
- Experience interacting with government officials for the purpose of resolving regulatory questions.
- Outstanding presentation, interpersonal and writing skills enabling communication with professionals and employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research, interpret and apply complex US and non-US government export/import regulations.
- Experience in ECCN classification for hardware, software, technology preferred.
- Experience with SNAP-R and EEI filings preferred.
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and able to prioritize and joggle tasks as needed.
- Strong enthusiasm for diving deep in trade compliance and research matters.
- Strong interest in expanding trade compliance knowledge + learning other areas of risk management.
- Experience working for an international company with colleagues in different time zones.
- Attention to detail and “team player” attitude is a must for this position.
Join the PCCW Global team
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate. To apply, please complete the form below ensuring you upload your resume as a Word document or a PDF file.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.